Research interests: palaeoclimatology, dendroclimatology, dendroclimatic reconstruction methodology, historical-cultural wood dating.
Pages in bibliometric databases:
Publons (ResearcherID): https://publons.com/researcher/O-7929-2016/
Dendrochronology / palaeoclimatic reconstruction / dendroclimatology / climate change
Lomonosov Moscow State University:
2011 г. Faculty of Geography, Department of Environmental Management
Qualification - Master of Ecology and Nature Management, specialisation - optimisation of nature management in Russia's regions
Diploma thesis: "Dynamics of phenological trends in the central part of the Russian plain"
2011 г. Faculty of Teacher Education, Lomonosov Moscow State University
Qualification - teacher of graphic arts
Diploma thesis: "Phenological observations as a component of school environmental education
2020 г. Ph.D. thesis (2020) "Hydrometeorological reconstructions in the Volga region based on dendrochronological data", 25.00.25 - "Geomorphology and evolutionary geography
2014 to date
Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences (IG RAS)
- Paleoclimatic reconstructions from dendrochronological data: a comprehensive spatial analysis of the climatic signal of pine radial growth in the Volga region and reconstruction of the dynamics of some climatic parameters in recent centuries;
- dating of timber from historical sites in the Russian Plain relative to long living timber chronologies and construction of long continuous timber-ring chronologies based on data on radial growth of living and architectural timber;
- the creation of long dendrochronological scales based on samples of "fin" (wood brought in by currents) in the Svalbard Archipelago;
- Analysis of the dynamics of natural climate hazards (droughts) over the last centuries according to tree-ring chronologies of the Volga region.
1. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of Environmental Management,
2013 to date:
natural and cultural heritage (3rd undergraduate year, 2013-2016);
Bioindication methods in geography (4th year undergraduate, 1st year master's degree, 2013-present)
2. FGIGIT National Research University Higher School of Economics, Lyceum, Paleogeography course, 2020
3. Salarevo Family School, junior geography course, 2017-present;
4. Badger Family School, junior geography course, 2017-2018
5. Children's Success Centre, geography course for junior and middle grades: origins of the Earth, evolution, basics of anthropology, in-depth study of the physical geography of the continents and oceans, etc., 2019-present.
Participation in projects
1. RNF - Project 17-77-20123. Reconstruction of natural climatic variability from dendrochronological data of the Solovetsky archipelago during the last millennium (research team member)
2. Russian Science Foundation 21-17-00264 Climate variability in the Russian Plain over the last millennium based on dendroclimatology and climate modelling: reconstruction, comparison, forecast (research team member)
3. RNF 14-17-00645 Reconstruction and prediction of drought frequency in the centre of the East European Plain using dendrochronology and climate modelling data (research team member)
4. RFBR 16-35-00408 Assessment of sensitivity of conifers of the Volga region to climate change using dendroclimatology methods (supervisor)
List of key publications
1. Chernogaeva G. M., Kuznetsova V. V., Kukhta A. E. Precipitation effects on the growth of boreal forest stands in the volga region // Russian Meteorology and Hydrology. - 2020. - Vol. 45, no. 12. - P. 851-857.
2. E. R. Cook, O. Solomina, V. Matskovsky, B. I. Cook, L. Agafonov, A. Berdnikova, E. Dolgova, A. Karpukhin, N. Knysh, M. Kulakova, V. Kuznetsova, T. Kyncl, J. Kyncl, O. Maximova, I. Panyushkina, A. Seim, D. Tishin, T. Ważny, M. Yermokhin. The European Russia Drought Atlas (1400-2016 CE) //Climate Dynamics. - 2020. - С. 1-19
3. U. Gut, M. Arvai, S. Bijak, J. J. Camarero, A. M. Catalin, P. Catalin, A. Cedro, B. Garamszegi, R. C. Garcia, A. Hevia, W. Huang, M. Isaac-Renton, R. Kaczka, M. Kazimirovic, W. Kedziora, Z. Garcia, A. Hevia, W. Huang, M. Isaac-Renton, R. Kaczka, M. Kazimirovic, W. Kedziora, Z. Kern, M. Klisz, T. Kolar, M. Körner, V. Kuznetsova, D. Montwe, L. Plavcova, R. Rehschuh, E. Rocha, M. Rybnicek, R. Sanchez-Salguero, J. Schröder, N. Schwab, B. Stajic, R. Tomusiak, M. Wilmking, U. Sass-Klaassen, A. Buras No systematic effects of sampling direction on climate-growth relationships in a large-scale, multi-species tree-ring data set //Dendrochronologia. - 2019. - Т. 57. - С. 125624.
4. Estimated influence of extreme climate events in the 21st century on the radial growth of pine trees in povolzhie region (european russia) / V. Matskovsky, V. Kuznetsova, P. Morozova et al. // IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. - 2020. - Vol. 611. - P. 012047-012047
5. Relation of linear and radial growth of Scots pine to precipitation of different genesis in forests of Kerzhensky Reserve / V.V. Kuznetsova, A.V. Chernokulsky, F.A. Kozlov, A.E. Kukhta // Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Geographic Series. - 2020. - № 1. - С. 93-102.
6. Kuznetsova V. V., Pozhidaeva D. S. Opportunities and limitations for the reconstruction of river runoff and dryness conditions in the volga region with dendrochronology methods // FUNDAMENTAL AND APPLIED CLIMATOLOGY. - 2017. - Vol. 4. - P. 46-65.
7. What does the width of annual tree rings in the central part of the East European Plain depend on? / O.N. Solomina, V.V. Kuznetsova, V.V. Matskovsky, E.A. Dolgova // Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Geographic Series. - 2016. - С. 47-64
8. Droughts in the East European Plain according to hydrometeorological and dendrochronological data / O. N. Solomina, I. S. Bushuyeva, E. A. Dolgova et al. - St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg, 2017. - 360 с.
Dendroclimatology, dating of wooden artefacts, palaeoclimatic reconstructions, coal analysis.
Russian plain, Solovetsky archipelago
Bibliometric bases and other references:
Publons (Researcher ID): AAG-8351-2021
Scopus Author ID: 57210915386
Elibrary(RSCI) Author ID: 1102466
Total number of publications: 6
1.Estimated influence of extreme climate events in the 21st century on the radial growth of pine trees in Povolzhie region (european russia) / V. Matskovsky, V. Kuznetsova, P. Morozova et al. // IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. - 2020. - Vol. 611. - P. 012047-012047.
2. Radial growth projections for spruce on Solovetskiye islands, the white sea, for the 21st century / V. Matskovsky, E. Dolgova, P. Morozova et al. // IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science. - 2020. - Vol. 438. - P. 012017-012017
3. Spatial variability of pine growth on Solovetsky Islands / E.A. Dolgova, O.N. Solomina, V.V. Matskovsky et al. // Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Geographic Series. - 2019. - № 2. - С. 41-50
4. Semenyak N.S., Goleva A.A., Syrovatko A.S., Troshina A.A. Determination of wood species by coals for the purposes of paleoecological reconstructions (based on the materials of archaeological sites of the second floor. I thousand A.D. on the Middle Oka), Problems of regional ecology, No. 4, 2018, pp. 88-92.
5. Semenyak N.S., Goleva A.A., Syrovatko A.S., Troshina A.A. Comparative analysis of phytolytic, spore-pollen and pedo-anthropological methods (based on the materials of archaeological monuments of the second sex. I thousand A.D. in the Moscow region), Problems of Botany in Southern Siberia and Mongolia, 2018, pp. 304-309.
6. Se`menyak N.S., Syrovatko A.S., Troshina A.A. Experience in the application of microbiomorphic analysis of the layer of the Shchurovsky burial ground and settlements (Moscow region (I millennium AD)", Environmental dynamics and global climate change, volume 1, No. 13, 2016, pp. 132-139.
Researcher at the Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences (IG RAS)
Moscow, per. 29, Staromonetny Lane, Moscow. Russia
Born: 05 December 1972, Maikop
Married with 2 daughters (born 1993 and 2009).
Apsheronsk forestry college, Faculty of Forestry, 1988-1992 forestry technician (with honours)
Novocherkassk Academy of Engineering and Reclamation, Faculty of Forestry, 1993-1998 Forestry and Forestry Engineering
D. thesis was defended at the Dissertation Council of the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences in 2012. Specialty "Physical geography and biogeography, soil geography and geochemistry of landscapes".
- Geobotany - study of climax forest ecosystems; application of remote sensing methods to study different plant communities
- Ecology - study of pest populations, their impact on environmental components; study of invasive pests and forest pathogens, consequences of invasions for forest biocenoses of the region.
Coordinator of research on invasive pest species in the northern macro-slope of the Western Caucasus, organiser of several monitoring activities in the region's forest plantations to identify their condition, presence of pests and diseases, including quarantine pests and diseases posing a high risk to forest phytocenoses of southern Russia.
Publications: 60 research papers have been published, including 3 monographs and methodological manuals.
He works on several research projects in the dendrochronology laboratory, dating forest fires and other wood.
In the dendrochronology laboratory, he works on several research projects, dating archaeological wood, trees growing on moraines, etc.
Chairman of the RAS Committee on the International Future of the Earth Programme. She was a member of the steering scientific committees of Global Change Past, International Glaciological Society, Vice-President of the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme and the Cryosphere Sciences Association of the International Association of Geology and Geophysics.
Member of editorial boards of several national and international journals. Author of more than 150 scientific papers.
Awarded a Web of Science Diploma in 2017 as one of the most cited Russian authors. Co-author of the 4th, 5th and 6th Reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change; awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (2007) as a member of the Panel.
Research interests: palaeoglaciology, palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, glacial geomorphology.